Lookout! Records online Reunion shows announced
Show #1 featuring members of The Mr. T Experience, Pansy Division, The Queers, Cub, The Crumbs, The Smugglers – Sunday January 31, 2021
In the spirit of unity, togetherness, community, friendship, good times, and yes, nostalgia, Oceanside Productions announces the first in a monthly online live performance series for 2021 called Lookout Zoomout. The reunions will bring together the singers and songwriters from Lookout Records, the iconic pop-punk record label founded in 1987 by Larry Livermore and David Hayes. Until its demise in 2012, the label had one of the most recognizable logos in the world, and was most notable for bands like Green Day, Operation Ivy, The Donnas, Mr. T Experience, and Screeching Weasel.
“If your band was lucky enough to land on Lookout Records like ours did in the 1990s, it felt like winning the lottery”, states The Smugglers frontman Grant Lawrence, who will lead the conversation between performances. “It was an incredible community of artists, bands, and friends. It didn’t end well, but there were some amazing times and some really, really great records while it lasted.”
The first Lookout Zoomout will occur live on Sunday January 31 at noon PT / 3pm ET and promises to be an interactive experience with fans from around the world. Tickets are available now.
- Dr. Frank from Mr. T Experience… arguably the architect of modern pop punk in sound and lyrics, Dr. Frank and his Berkeley-based band were on Lookout longer than any other artist.
- The Queers… over the course of 40 years, Joe Queer and his black leather jacket-clad band from Portsmouth, New Hampshire have released a string of popular bubblegum punk rock records, none better than ‘Don’t Back Down’ on Lookout, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.
- Lisa Marr from Cub… the front woman of the “cuddlecore” all-female sensations from Vancouver BC, Lisa sings with a smile in her voice and has always had an incredible knack for hooks.
- Jon Ginoli from Pansy Division… the lead singer of the first openly gay punk rock band on the planet.
- Raf Classic from The Crumbs… from Miami, Florida, The Crumbs were arguably one of the most underrated punk rock ‘n’ roll bands in Lookout‘s entire catalogue.
- Grant Lawrence from The Smugglers… the lead singer of the Vancouver garage rock ‘n’ roll band that was on Lookout from 1995-2005.
Live and interactive! Audience Q+A! Limited tickets! Surprise guests!