Sustainability at Volcom Fiji Pro
VOLCOM FIJI PRO ALIGNS WITH NUMEROUS PARTNERS TO TACKLE SUSTAINABILITY IN ITS INNAGURAL EVENT
The Volcom Fiji Pro is our first ASP (Association of Surfing Professionals) World Title surfing event and will be host to the world’s Top 34 surfers at one of the best breaks on the planet – Cloudbreak and/or Restaurants. Not resting on those laurels, and in line with our New Future philosophy, We are rolling out a string of initiatives that will make the Volcom Fiji Pro one of the most sustainable surf events in recent memory. “This is a really important event for us and we are dedicated to doing it right across the board,” said Ryan Immegart, Volcom’s SVP of Marketing. “Sustainability is a top priority for the company, and the Volcom Fiji Pro is a perfect opportunity for us to take this focus to the next level.” By partnering with Tavarua Island Resort and select non-profit organizations, we plan to accomplish a number of objectives during the event including:
* Partnering with www.SustainableSurf.Org and following the ASP’s newly released green event guidelines to make this the first, official Deep Blue Surfing Event in ASP World Championship Tour history.
* Running a carbon neutral event by offsetting the carbon footprint of the surf contest with www.Carbonfund.org.
* Promoting sustainable surf tourism in partnership with San Diego State University’s Center for Surf Research to collaboratively launch Surf Credits, a program where surf travelers can give back socially and environmentally to places they travel.
* Raising funds and awareness for the medical/dental focused Loloma Foundation who distributes medicine, clothing, school supplies and other necessities to many agencies throughout the South Pacific via our Giveback Series.
* Delivering clean water to local residents in partnership with Tavarua Island Resort and Give Clean Water. The joint effort will outfit two local villages and their schools with clean drinking water filters.
Details regarding each of the initiatives will be forthcoming and a dedicated page to feature all the Sustainability activity will be featured prominently on the www.volcomfijipro.com website.
1740 Monrovia Ave.
Costa Mesa CA USA 92627